The Traffic Directorate (Ditlantas) Polda Metro Jaya conveyed that travel is still allowed during the Eid 2021 homecoming restrictions in May. Several travel necessities will be sanctioned.
This was confirmed by the Director of Traffic (Dirlantas) Polda Metro Jaya Kombes Pol Sambodo Purnomo Yugo.
“What is allowed are non-homecoming trips like official trips”, said Sambodo.
“Then the second one is if someone is sick or someone dies, or a pregnant woman who wants to give birth,” said Sambodo.
Sambodo also said that trips with the need to deliver goods or logistics will continue as usual.
Previously it was reported, the Ministry of Transportation had issued the Minister of Transportation Regulation Number 13 of 2021 concerning Control of Transportation during the Eid Al-Fitr Period 1442 H / 2021.
Meanwhile, transportation control is carried out by prohibiting the use or operation of passenger transportation for all modes of transportation.
Including land, sea, air, and rail transportation modes, starting from May 6 to May 17, 2021.
Quoted from the official website of the Ministry of Transportation, in the regulation, the following transportation that is prohibited during this Eid 2021 homecoming, namely:
- Public motorized vehicles with buses and passenger cars,
- Individual motorized vehicles and types of passenger cars, buses
- Motorized vehicles, as well as river, lake and ferry transportation vessels.
However, there are means of transportation that are still allowed to travel, such as freight and logistics.
Other vehicles are still allowed to operate during the 2021 homecoming ban.
The following is a list of vehicles that may operate during the 2021 homecoming ban:
- Exceptions to this rule apply to passengers who meet special criteria such as:
- Official travel,
- Urgent conditions such as childbirth and illness.
- Exceptions are made for people with certain interests, such as:
- Work or official trips for ASN, BUMN employees, BUMD employees, Polri, TNI, private employees who are equipped with an assignment letter with a wet signature and a wet stamp from their leadership,
- Visits sick family,
- Visits grieving family members who died,
- Pregnant women with one companion,
- The interest of giving birth to a maximum of two companions,
- Emergency health services.
- Vehicle exceptions apply to vehicles:
- Leaders of high state institutions of the Republic of Indonesia,
- Operational service vehicles, official license plates, TNI, Polri, and toll road officers operational service vehicles,
- Fire engines, ambulances, and hearses, as well as cargo cars with no passengers,
- Vehicles used for local health services such as pregnant women and their immediate family members who will accompany them,
- Vehicles carrying Indonesian migrant workers, Indonesian citizens, and overseas students; as well as the return of people for special reasons from the government to their area of origin in accordance with applicable regulations.
Meanwhile, Polda Metro Jaya is also ready to take action against residents who are receptive to going home even though the government has prohibited it.
Dirlantas Polda Metro Jaya, Kombes Pol Sambodo Purnomo Yogo admitted that he would impose strict sanctions.
Photo: Media Indonesia