IncidentsA Fisherman Missing for a Day and Night Found...

A Fisherman Missing for a Day and Night Found in Safe Condition


- Advertisment -spot_img

A fisherman from Kalibukbuk Village, Buleleng District, Putu Tirta Yasa alias Leong, 44, was found in a safe condition after being reported missing a day and night.

The victim Putu Tirta Yasa was found adrift on his upturned jukung in Air Sanih waters, Bukti Village, Kubutambahan District, Buleleng, Wednesday (7/4) morning at 8:20 a.m. local time.

Putu Tirta Yasa initially went to sea from Lovina Beach, Kalibukbuk Village, Tuesday (6/4) in the morning at around 04.00. This 44-year-old fisherman went to sea alone using a white-green jukung numbered 34, which is equipped with a Honda Mega Power 13 PK thrust engine and a Yamaha 15 PK outboard engine.

As of Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. local time, the victim Torta Yasa had not yet returned to his home in Kalibukbuk Village. Worried that something might happen, the family immediately searched the waters around Lovina. However, search efforts until late in the evening were fruitless.

The family also announced the disappearance of the victim Tirta Yasa through social media, but there was no information about his whereabouts. In the end, the family reported to the Search and Relief Post (Basarnas) Buleleng.

Furthermore, the family together with several Kalibukbuk Village fishermen assisted by Basarnas personnel continued the search for victims, Wednesday morning at around 05.00.

After searching for 3 hours, the victim of Tirta Yasa was finally found in a safe condition and was swaying on an upturned jukung in Air Sanih waters, Evidence Village, at around 8:20 a.m. local time. The location of the findings is about 30 kilometers east of Kalibukbuk Village waters.

According to a relative of the victim, Gede Suarjana, in the search yesterday, his party deployed 4 boats containing 6 fishermen.

“We carried out sweeping to the east because the waves and wind were heading east,” said Suarjana who is also the Head of Kalibukbuk Hamlet, Kalibukbuk Village.

According to Suarjana, the victim of Tirta Yasa was first found by Edi Heriyanto, a fisherman who joined in the search. At that time, Edi Heriyanti’s group saw a jukung with the characteristics of a Tirta Yasa victim in Air Sanih waters.

After being approached, it turned out that the victim Tirta Yasa was adrift on the inverted jukung. The victim was evacuated to the Fish Landing Base in Sangsit Village, Sawan District, Buleleng, to be taken back to Kalibukbuk Village.

Meanwhile, Basarnas Buleleng Coordinator, Dudi Librana Marjaya, said that his party had deployed 9 personnel to help search for the victim yesterday morning. Three members searched by Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) since the morning at 6:15 a.m. from Celukan Bawang Port, Celukan Bawang Village, Gerokgak District. Meanwhile, 6 other personnel coordinated with the family and related SAR elements to obtain further information.

According to Dudi, his party received information that the Tirta Yasa victim had been found safe in Air Sanih waters about 10 kilometers from the shoreline, Wednesday at 8:20 a.m. local time.

The victim was then picked up and driven home until he arrived at Lovina Beach, Kalibukbuk Village at 09.43.

“We have handed over the victim to his family in a safe and healthy condition,” said Dudi.

rescued Putu Tirta Yasa

It was said that the jukung used by the victims of Tirta Yasa went to sea and was hit by big waves upside down. Luckily, the victim managed to survive the night floating on an inverted jukung.

Tirta Yasa went to sea when the weather was good, Tuesday morning. At 07.00, he had caught fish in the middle of the sea about 18 nautical miles (NM) from the shoreline.

Then, Tirta Yasa shifted further to the middle of the sea to a distance of 23 NM from the shoreline. Suddenly, he was confronted by bad weather. Katir on the right as a counterweight to the jukung broke as a result of being hit by big waves. The waves also hit the thrust engine until the jukung was reversed.

In a state of panic, Tirta Yasa tried to turn his jukung back, but it was unsuccessful because it was hit by waves as high as 2 meters. Tirta Yasa finally surrendered and climbed onto the inverted jukung while tying his body to it.

“I did not dare to leave the boat (jukung). If the worst-case happened, at least my body would still be found bound,” said Tirta Yasa.

Luckily, Tirta Yasa was able to save his navigation and communication equipment in the form of GPS and cellphones. It’s just that when in the middle of the sea, his device doesn’t pick up a single signal. Tirta Yasa just got a signal on Wednesday morning at around 04.00 WITA and immediately contacted his wife, Komang Sukerti, 40. The wife then forwarded this information to the Bhakti Samudra Fishermen Group, Kalibukbuk Village.

For one day and one night bobbing in the middle of the sea, Tirta Yasa did not sleep, nor did he eat or drink. Because the food spilled into the sea. He admitted that he was surrounded by sharks around his jukung.

“I have caught fish, maybe that’s what sharks were looking for,” said Tirta Yasa.

According to Tirta Yasa, this is his second time when he experienced an accident at sea. In 2006, Tirta Yasa also fell into the sea because he was dragged by a fish while fishing.

“Luckily, I was found safe by fishermen in Gondol waters, Banyupoh Village, Gerokgak District, Buleleng,” recalled Tirta Yasa.

main illustration by Pixabay

SourceNusa Bali


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Bali Airport Recorded 56 Percent Increase of Passengers

I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali recorded an increase of airplane passengers up to 56 percent during the Christmas and New Year.
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Indonesia Temporarily Closes the Doors for Some Foreigners

The government has finally closed the entrance for Foreign Citizens from the countries that had been infected with the Omicron variant of Covid-19.

Must read

- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you