Cellular Data Internet during Nyepi in 2021 will be turned off from Sunday, March 14, 2021, 00.00 to Monday, March 15, 2021, 06.00.
This was confirmed in a letter related to the Termination of Cellular Data on Nyepi Saka Year 1943 on behalf of the Governor of Bali.
Here are the rules of Nyepi 2021:
- Hindus carry out the celebrations of the Holy Day of Nyepi including Melis, Pengerupukan, Sipeng, and Ngembak Geni according to Indonesia Hinduism Society (PHDI) guidelines.
- Transportation service providers (land, sea, and air) are not allowed to operate during the implementation of the Holy Day of Silence on Sunday, March 14, 2021, 06.00 a.m. to Monday, March 15, 2021, 06.00 a.m.
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Institutions are not allowed to broadcast during the implementation of the Holy Day of Silence on Sunday, March 14, 2021, 06.00 a.m. to Monday, 15 March 2021 06.00 a.m.
- Cellular and IPTV service providers must turn off cellular data (internet) from Sunday, March 14, 2021, from 00.00 to Monday, March 15, 2021, 06.00 a.m.
- The public is not allowed to light firecrackers, use loudspeakers, and the like which disturb the sanctity of the Nyepi Suet Day and endanger the orderliness.
- Accommodation service providers and entertainment service providers in Bali are not allowed to promote their business by branding the Holy Day of Silence.
- Because the Holy Day of Silence coincides with Sunday, March 14, 2021, then:
a. Hindus continue to practice Catur Berata Penyepian with wisdom and solemnity.
b. Catholics carry out their services/mass on Saturday, March 13, 2021.
c. Protestant Christians hold Services at a nearby church on March 14, 2021, starting at 00.00 a.m. and ending before 6.00 a.m. Sunday, March 14, 2021, when Hindus begin to perform Catur Berata Penyepian.
d. Buddhists perform Pujabhakti at their respective residences.
e. Confucius congregations carry out services at their respective residences.
- Traditional Village Prajuru, Pecalang, Linmas, and Village / Subdistrict Officials, are responsible for securing the series of Nyepi Holy Days in their respective territories, in coordination with the relevant Security Apparatus.
- Other people are obliged to maintain and respect the sanctity of the Holy Day of Silence.
- The Religious and Religious Councils and related institutions should disseminate this call to all religious communities in Bali.
- When performing worship services, all believers are obliged to obey health protocols.
The internet using fiber optic or Wifi will be still active. television station channels and the internet for smartphone cellular data will not function.
In hospitals, the internet networks will be active. For smartphones that are in the hospitals, the cellular data can still be turned on by the provider.
The network for mobile phone calls and SMS will be active.